Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Borage

I always like seeing new pictures from Alan Ilagan. He has a keen eye for nature and his shots are so clear and beautifully pointed. And he publishes a new one - or more - every day. He's been travelling a bit recently and I even got to see some red New England barns (he called them a farmhouse) photographed against a clear blue sky. I love the rich, sunset color of those barns. Today we are seeing pictures from a family gathering - there are always many on such occasions - as well as some garden and seashore pictures. One of them is borage, which inspired me to show this plant in my garden. 


Borago officinalis

The blue is really intense and the plants are thriving, which cannot be said about many other plants at this time of the year. For those of you crop oriented gardeners, their leaves can be added to salads. I've never tasted them because they seem a bit hairy but they are certainly edible. Borage seeds itself freely so you only need to plant one to end up with many.


No comments: