Thursday, October 23, 2008

Expandable post summaries installed

All right, so I successfully installed a hack allowing for creating expandable post summaries (from coderstalk). It didn't take me more than an hour, so don't be shy. You won't regret trying it. And it works. I don't seem to have a problem uploading images into such posts, and it can be applied retrospectively (manually, you'll need to briefly edit old posts). I think I will slightly modify the font style and the placement of the link "...Read more" within posts but otherwise I will be happy with it least for a while.

I'd also like to have that cool hack where you click on a post title to reveal hidden content without the words "...Read more" but I haven't found one yet. I'll continue looking.

Update: you'll have to reinstall the hack once you select a new template. Now I have to test if all the abbreviated posts will have to be modified again, or if they will pick up on the hack introduced to the new template.

No comments: