Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday at the farm

Piles upon arrival

Today the weather turned sunny and warm - as promised - and I managed to get down to the farm to continue the cleanup we are doing this year.

I cut down around 15 plum trees and I dragged them to the other side of the house where we have bonfires. Two large piles of branches, built earlier this month, were already there, and I added two even bigger piles to them. Basically the lawn is now surrounded with stacked tree branches waiting to be burnt. I'll still have to cut all that wood into smaller pieces so that the piles become more manageable, and hopefully even burn some, if weather allows. Some more trees also need to be cut down along the eastern and northern fence, so I'm planning to go there several more times before snow falls.

No comments: