Tuesday, December 16, 2008

No winter as of yet

Wow. People are already having a hard winter time. A tree through the roof! Boy am I glad there are no pine trees next to my house. Pine wood appears to be very soft and prone to damage. My sister actually had the entire top of a large pine tree break off during a storm last year at the farm. It must have been at least three yards long. It landed on the roof of a shed but miraculously there was no damage. I only have a large poplar growing close to the house - and I think poplar is very soft wood, too - but since the house has two floors the tree doesn't really tower over it. I'll have to take a close look tomorrow to make sure it doesn't need to be trimmed.

Nothing is left of the snow in my garden and I'd gladly not see it again. We're enjoying dry weather with temperatures around 0 C/in the thirties F. I actually intend to water my potted roses.

No comments: