Sunday, March 15, 2009

Got up on a sunny morning


We haven't had a lot of sun so far, so it seems all the more precious when it shows up. I love waking up to see it peeking through the blinds!

I tend to wake up a bit earlier these days because of more daylight and I've even planned to arrange my next month's schedule at work around it. I applied to start my shifts 30 minutes earlier, which would let me take an earlier bus home and hopefully go to sleep before 1 a.m. I could be up around 8 a.m. next morning and finally get around to cleaning the garden a bit before spring arrives. The grape vine needs to be pruned urgently, the flowerbeds cleaned of last year's growth, which then needs to be burned, etc. With my current schedule (back before 11 p.m.) and the time I need to eat and unwind after work I tend to go to sleep much too late to get up early. On some nights I watch TV until 3 a.m. before I manage to fall asleep. This is way too late. I hope not to jinx my plan by posting it..

No comments: