Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Salmon breakfast

I am going through a smoked salmon phase. I've eaten over two pounds of smoked salmon over the past week, for breakfast. On Monday, just before starting work, I bought my last three packs, one of which I immediately ate for brunch. I've just eaten the second of the two remaining ones. Yes, it is not unusual for me to eat breakfast around 4 p.m. on my days off. I think it was a bit off, too, because it had to spend eight hours squeezed in my locker in the nearly steaming hot changing room. Followed by almost two days in the fridge, it resulted in the salmon tasting not quite as fresh as you might want it.

I've started taking a 500mg a day magnesium supplement with vitamins B because I was also craving for chocolate. It seems to be helping - I already feel like getting off both salmon and chocolate. I suspect the magnesium deficiency arose from my indulging in yummy sweet'n'sour margaritas the past couple of nights... Unfortunately - or not - I'm still very well stocked on limes, so a couple more margaritas are due. I know I won't resist.

What I need to do in order to cool down a bit is pay my bills. When I see what's left in my account, I'll surely take to fasting again.

No comments: