Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Off - night three of three

I decided to withdraw the cash I need to pay the one outstanding March bill from my credit card. I recalculated my expenses again this morning and it turned out I would only be about 11 Euros short to pay it. The 11 Euros will be saved from my - and the cats' - daily food expenses, and the bill will be paid in due time March 15th.

I decided I need to pay it thus getting rid of any extra money I'd be left with this month because it's more than certain that money would be spent on wine. The wines I've been recently mentioning, and in particular the unfortified, standard 12% alcohol medium sweet reds are so good it is extremely difficult to stop drinking them once you begin. Remember an episode from "Anne of Green Gables" where a little girl fell asleep heavily drunk because she had consumed an entire bottle of red wine which she mistook for blackcurrant juice? That's exactly how good they are. The only way to stop drinking them I can think of right now is getting rid of any extra cash. And I just know I will find a way to sneak in a bottle or two before Easter using my credit card, anyway.

The ones I buy are supermarket wines costing about 8 Euros per bottle. Believe me at Carrefour you can get a tasty, decent wine for that price. I was reading articles from our local online Wine Magazine yesterday and they shared my conclusions regaring that particular, as well as another French supermarket I haven't yet tested.. wine-wise, that is. Last time I left Carrefour it was with no less than four bottles of wine. Of which only one remains untouched in my kitchen - the sweet, deliciously golden colored Spanish Moscatel from Castillo de Liria. All others are memory.

No comments: