Friday, October 17, 2008

It's cold and dark again

Cold has arrived overnight, all of a sudden it's +9C/48F with some rain and sunny weather has been cancelled. I could hear strong gusts of wind at 4am and was hoping they would chase away the clouds but no, they brought more. We've been having a mostly dark and rainy fall this year which I don't like because I get SAD a lot and the SAD season has thus been extended by over one month, beginning early September. I make sure to check the weather forecast every day to mentally prepare myself for what's coming. I don't want to fall prey to lowered mood and low energy which I know wouldn't be there if days were sunny. Someone here on blogger suggested getting a lightbox - I wonder if I could use one with my eyes being sensitive to strong light.

Luckily, it's supposed to get back to a sunny +19C/66F around Tuesday. Perhaps I'll be able to go to the farm and cut down some trees again. This would give me both a sense of accomplishment and some physical exercise. I'm desperately in need of some serious exercise outside, I've been having problems with sleep for the past couple of days.

No comments: