Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December roses

We've had some snow, we've had some frost. But was this rose discouraged? It has just opened its last bud. Normally the flower is huge, mostly yellow, with deep pink blush on the outside. This winter bud will probably not open much further but the lovely warm colors are still visible. It's a pretty exotic looking rose, named


Pullman Orient Express (Meilland)

Picture taken this afternoon. Two bugs are looking for shelter among the rose's petals. Lurking behind is my wood.

2 comments:

travelling, but not in love said...

Hmm. If I were a rose, I'd happily be named Pullman Orient Express. That's a cool name.

But I'd rather not be a late bloomer...

Nico said...

Yes, it's a good name.. does make one's mind wander. That rose blooms early, mid-season and late, TBNIL. I'd want that.