Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No sir, no dancing today!

I wanted to watch the old Scissor Sisters video and could no longer find it on youtube. Doesn't that suck? So much stuff has been taken off. There were several oldies by Amanda Lear, including a great ten minute long remix of Follow me by a guy from the Netherlands, the German TV Kultnacht performance of The Queen of Chinatown featuring the white split pants, and Fever with two dancing sailors (both shorter than Amanda), and they are all gone, along with their owners' accounts. Those people really had some cool videos there. Today I even got the message "This video is not available in your country". What the heck? Are they annoying people on purpose? Wouldn't it be nice to include a short explanation with that? It nearly gave me a heart attack, and I was not alone, from what I've read upon googling. Really. Download those videos as soon as you see them because the best ones won't last.

In an attempt to find my favorite clips I discovered this remix of The Queen of Chinatown ("embedding disabled by request", sigh.. Apparently, there is a way to bypass this but I keep getting an error message regarding my tags so I give up.) Some of the white pants are visible and check out those legs (I've had a weakness for Miss Lear since I was a teen.) I want those clips back!

Otherwise, I don't know if it's the time of the day or my browser but youtube loads the pages so slowly that they are practically impossible to view. And now I hate myself for spending way too much time first trying and then blogging about it..

No comments: