Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunset

I slept through much of this sunny mid-February day because I'm still fighting a cold from a couple of days ago. Taking aspirins three times a day, calcium, vitamin C and throat candy. I'm not going so far as to turn on the heat, though, so I decided to stay warm in bed instead.

I woke up just before 2 p.m. to discover blue skies and bright sun shining through my bedroom window. I took it slow from there, washing up and deciding how to get through the rest of the day without going outside to get some food (I'll be eating rice and chicken, there's also some couscous, barley and milk left so I should be fine). Then I watched the colorful sunset through my west facing window.


4:20 p.m.


4:30 p.m.

Pretty, wasn't it. I rarely get to see it because I work evenings and it used to be cloudy and grey - but warm - in the past week anyway. Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny as well, unfortunately, sun will come at a price of -4C / 25F during the day and -13C / 8F at night. The sunny, cold weather is forecasted to continue throughout the rest of this week.

No comments: