Monday, April 26, 2010

Kindzmarauli wine

If you want to get someone drunk, down and accessible in a flash without even knowing it, forget the GeeHBe. Give them this red wine: Kindzmarauli. Geez. This is the ultimate "it can't be wine - it's fruit juice!" experience. This Georgian wine comes from somewhere near the mountains of Caucasus where wine production as such was born, as estimated, around 5000 B.C. The people of Georgia, of whom I've never heard before (if you count out Stalin - I wasn't aware he was Georgian), have a good life, let me tell you, if they can drink it everyday! It took me about thirty minutes to drink half of a bottle, I'm now making typos in practically every word I type, and I'm lovin' it!

Apparently, Kindzmarauli is made of Saperavi wine which is a teinturier wine. Indeed, the color is gorgeous, a rich dark ruby. But the taste! Not a trace of tannins, just pure fruity smoothness. If your date is thirsty, simply buy them a bottle and there you go. And they will thank you later.

I bought a bottle for less than 6 Euro (tempted by both the male customer who was buying and praising it and the exotically beautiful girl who approached the customer service desk to obtain her invoice and turned out to represent the Georgian Embassy) and I encourage everyone to do the same. You wil not regret it. Buy Georgia!

No comments: