Sunday, May 9, 2010

Moscatel wine by Castillo de Liria


Temporarily out of red wine, as well as with the upcoming spring and summer months in mind, I reached to the wine shelf in my kitchen to try the white Spanish Moscatel by Castillo De Liria from the Valencia region of Spain. It turned out to be yummy! Deliciously sweet, a rich taste with distinctive honey notes. Made from an indigenous Spanish variety Alexandrian Muscat. Perfect for prolonged sipping (hours) on its own. Strong, though, 15% alcohol by volume. I had half of a bottle yesterday night and another half tonight. I'd have drunk less were it not so deliciously, raisin-grape sweet. If you crave for sweets, a glass or two of this wine will satisfy you completely. It will also make you sleep very well. I'm, well, too drunk to further elaborate. I highly recommend it!

Picture taken from the manufacturer's page. They've recently changed the bottle to a sleek modern one with an op-art flowery label; I much prefer the old design, visible on the picture, which is actually what I managed to buy.

No comments: